Location: GoodRVfood > Hints > Staples
Cinnamon - The Versatile Spice
Cinnamon is one spice you might want to keep in your RV pantry as it has many uses you may not have considered. Here are just a few:
- Keep a cinnamon shaker on your table and sprinkle on fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, toast and applesauce.
- Add cinnamon to your French toast, pancake and waffle batter. Use about 1/2 teaspoon per cup of batter.
- Peel and slice apples, heat a little butter in a pan and sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Heat until soft. Eat as-is or use as a cinnamon pancake topping.
- Saute veggies in olive oil, salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle on popcorn for an exciting and different taste.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to the water when you are cooking rice.
- Sprinkle cinnamon in your hot chocolate, make it Mexican hot chocolate by adding a pinch of cayenne pepper along with the cinnamon.
- Add cinnamon to hot tea or coffee for a warming treat.